Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day Five--"Makes Me Wonder"



"Wake up with bloodshot eyes..." is perhaps the only line from Maroon 5's song "Makes Me Wonder" that actually makes any sense. Well, that and the title.

Why the bloodshot eyes you ask? Well, for some inexplicable reason I awoke at 5am having what I feel was an allergic reaction. To what? God only knows. I went to sleep at 2am and at 5am I woke up wheezing, unable to catch my breath, and itchy all over. Strange right? I thought so...I guess you could say it "makes me wonder."

I finally fell back asleep around 8am, just 2 hours before I had to be up to see Extract, the new Jason Bateman film with my new roomie, Daniel, and Eboni. We were going to the 10:35am show (we agreed the earliest we each had ever gone to the theater) so we could get tickets for a mere $6. Here are some posters to give you a little insight into the film that I would rate a 7 on a scale of 1-10.




The comment above Kristen Wiig's head is by far the best, in my opinion. So, as I was saying, I am a sleep-deprived mess, which is why the bloodshot eyes comment is the only thing that makes sense--especially since the rest of the song is about moving on from a chick and needing something new to believe in. I don't really relate.

However, the strange sleep schedule did give me more insight into this little ditty-phenomenon. When I awoke at 5am, "Makes Me Wonder" was already in my head. I went back to sleep, awoke for a second time, and still the same catchy pop tune. So, my conclusion is that these songs (however random and varied they might be) are more from my subconscious than from my conscious-self recalling them each morning. Again, a theory--and I'm not theorist--but as Adam Levine says "it makes me wonder."

Well, I think this is a pretty incoherent post, but I hope you caught the drift. I'm off to nap. I'll keep you posted if nap time sleep changes the song. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment