Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day Nine--"Just Dance"

So I think I should not listen to the radio for a day...a whole day...just so I can get a song in my head that is not on America's Top 40. A la Lady Gaga's "Just Dance"--this morning's jam. (Also, I think Lady Gaga would approve of the color change for her name and her song. She just can't fit in like normal black type, now could she?)



On an unrelated, but very related note, today is 9.9.09. Threadless.com is having t-shirts on sale for $9. Beatles' Rock Band has just been released, as well as the film Nine. Yet, none of these phenomena compare to the fact that this is Day Nine of my little experiment. Fate, destiny, coincidence, accident, and/or none/all of the above? Whatever the case, I think it is pretty neat.




So besides Lady Gaga being EVERYWHERE, this particular song of hers ending up in my head makes complete sense. Why?

On Sunday, whilst hanging out with Andrew & Manbat (AKA-Mandy) at the wonderful establishment that is Chili's, the topic of Lady Gaga's gender came up. Mandy had heard she was both male and female and I quickly came to the defense of Miss Gaga and said it was just a rumor. Mandy protested, but then quickly moved on to say "Well, whatever she's working with doesn't change the fact that she references the scatological in 'Just Dance' so I don't like her." My response: "WHAT?!?" (Verbatim.) She said "You know...(She begins singing) 'Just dance, gonna be okay..gotta doo-doo." I laughed out loud and said "Wrong again Mandy." I will admit that it sounds like that, BUT it isn't. And she is in fact, just scatting, jazz-style. (But now, looking back on the situation, scatological vs. scatting--eerily similar--discuss.)

So, long story short, I am Lady Gaga's Protector and Mandy is always wrong. Also, I'm convinced this is why I wound up with this song in my head today.

As far as prophecy goes, I feel like "Just Dance" sums up everyday of my life. Because, after all, it is gonna be okay, if i just dance. So, today, I shall make a point of dancing when something doesn't go my way. Let's just hope for everybody's sake that I'm in the privacy of my own bedroom. Don't want to shock the public with what I'm twerkin' with.

No comments:

Post a Comment