Friday, September 4, 2009

Day Four--"Pass the Courvoisier"



Now, that's what I call a killer combo.



I know what you're thinking...

You just read the subject of this post and saw the pictures and have reached the conclusion that there is no way in hell that this song could predict the day that follows. And you'd be right.

More and more I'm realizing that this little theory of mine--the theory being that the song I wake up with in my head on a given morning somehow foreshadows the rest of the day--is not so likely. However, I shall continue to document these morning tunes until I no longer hear them.

So, back to the song of this particular morning...

"Pass the Courvoisier"--by Busta Rhymes, with assistance from P.Diddy and Pharrell. The video also has many cameos, which include Mr. T and Mo'Nique to name a couple. I have decided to provide it here for your viewing pleasure. Also, if someone could provide the name for a song, to which the video makes less sense than this one, I will give you a cookie.





So, reasoning for this particular song? None. Except that I had a few beers last night so perhaps my body wanted to keep the party going tonight, but this time with Courvoisier. Speaking of last night, I had a great beer by one of my favorite breweries: Smuttynose Brewery, from Portsmouth, NH. I recommend everyone to try this beer this Fall if they can get their hands on it... (Also, coat the rim of the glass with cinnamon and brown sugar. It is delicious.)


So, besides my body confirming that I am, in fact, a lush, I have no clue why Busta Bust's 2002 hit would have entered my brain. And it certainly did not predict my day--which unfortunately did not include and hip-hop video groupies, ridiculous amounts of bling, or jean/fur apparel--but merely consisted of getting my seat belt buckle replaced and a trip to an undisclosed location to obtain a birthday present for my dear Pidge (aka-the fiance.)

With nothing else to hypothesize, I fear this will be the end of a very uneventful post, but I do hope the ridiculous Flipmode Squad music video featured above will provide the entertainment that I could not provide. It may just "make you wanna JUMP! JUMP!"

No comments:

Post a Comment