Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day One--"You're the One that I Want"

So now that I have begun this project, it seems like the music isn't blaring as loudly as it used to every morning. It's still there--just with a lower volume setting. I have started a blog and now it's making me work for it!

Wake-up Tune #1: "You're the One that I Want"--as sung by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta in the 1978 classic, Grease.

Now, as I stated in my introduction, these songs tend to be random, with a capital R-A-N-D-O-M. However, this one almost makes sense--key word being almost.

Reasons for why it's normal to wake up with "You're the One that I Want" in your head at 9:30am:

1. Yesterday, I was talking with my good friend K-Rae about karaoke. To some, this may not mean an instant connection to the Grease classic hit, but I can't say it didn't pop into my head when I thought of duets. (For those visual learners out there, that is myself and K-Rae to the right.)

2. Looking at this picture of Danny Zuko (AKA--John Travolta in the good ole days) makes my heart melt. Maybe I was just thinking of him and thus, the song. And, ladies, before you judge this ridiculous reason just stop and think about how often you do in fact just think of a handsome man and sigh. From this point on, this reason shall be summed up simply as "The Handsome Man Sigh."


3. My wonderful fiance is hundreds of miles away, so he is, in fact, the "one that I want. The one I need. Oh, yes, indeed." Also, resemblance to Danny Zuko? Yeah, not so much.



So, as you can see--and as I explained in my introduction--these reasons don't really give a satisfactory explanation for why that song, out of all the songs I've ever heard, would be the one to wake me up this morning. But, as I also explained in my introduction, these songs have a funny way of summing up my day quite nicely, so we'll just have to wait in see.

Til then, fingers crossed that I end up in a ensemble sing-and-dance along at a carnival while wearing skin-tight pants and teased, permed hair. And if not that, I'll settle for flying into the sky in a sweet ride...


Happy September 1st kiddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment