Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day Three--"Hush, Hush"

I knew it was only a matter of time...

I knew it would eventually happen...

I knew one day I would be embarrassed to report the first tune that pops into my head...

Today is that day...

AND IT'S ONLY DAY THREE!!!

Today's song: "Hush, Hush" as sung by the Pussycat Dolls. That's right. The Pussycat Dolls. The worst part about this is not that I: a) know a Pussycat Dolls' song well enough for it to be in my head or, even, b) that a Pussycat Dolls' song will now be stuck in my head all day, oh, no, the worst part is c) this particular Pussycat Dolls' song samples "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. I am filled with disco-pop-electricity.




The Pussycat Dolls--minus the redhead.
Apparently she got tired of being completely useless.


+



Tell me this isn't one of the greatest covers you
have ever seen! Gloria Gaynor everybody!


=

Note: This is an image that appeared while Google-Image-Searching "Disco."
Before searching "Disco", I did try "mush" and "stupidity." I recommend everyone
search "stupidity." "Mush" was just gross.


So, the only explanation for this catchy pop tune being in my head is that it is currently frequenting the airwaves, so I no doubt have heard it while riding in my car to wherever. Beyond that, I am stumped.

Also, something tells me that this upbeat (yet absolutely heart-wrenching) power ballad is not really going to provide insight into my upcoming day. But, who knows? Weirder things have happened right? Fingers crossed that I just can miraculously gain greater flexibility like one of the "Dolls" and go to sleep tonight being able to put my leg next to my ear.

I repeat, weirder things have happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment